Robo Club is an after-school robotics workshop for students. The Project Bucephalus robotics teams have been running classes for adults and children since 2011. We offer an exciting program that builds interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in unique ways, with many former students moving on to become mentors themselves!
Project Bucephalus team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
Project Bucephalus is a COVID-safe organisation, and will be enacting several precautions based on Government recommendations.
- Unless they are a paying student or official assigned helper, parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the classroom. Drop-off and pick-up will happen outside the library.
- Students will sanitise hands on entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will be sent home.
- Social distancing will be maintained in classes. Students not doing FLL will work with individual robots and computers, not in pairs
- Robots and computers will be wiped down before and after use.
Given the dynamic nature of the COVID pandemic, additional restrictions may apply. These will be communicated to students via email.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own MINDSTORMS® kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.
- Students can apply Creative Kids vouchers to this class. The option will be made available during registration.
Please note that registrations can also be made by getting in touch through the Contact Us page on our website - use this method if you have special requirements or any questions about the event.
Wednesday afternoons, 3:15 - 5:30 pm
NOTE: Due to Robotics Competition, there will be no class on the 18th March (Term 1)
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|First Class:||5th Feb||29th Apr||29th Jul||14th Oct|
|Last Class:||1st Apr||24th Jun||23rd Sept||2nd Dec|
The Wollongong Class is open to students aged 7+ from any location.
Wollongong Public School
67A Church St, Wollongong, NSW 2500
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.