Self-watering Garden Beds Workshop
An exciting workshop on building and managing a wicking bed - a self-watering garden.
Presented by Peter Rutherford
- Exciting idea for city food gardening
- What is a wicking bed?
- Gardens with a water tank at the base
- Designed so the water ‘wicks upwards’ into the soil, like a candle wick
- These gardens are self-watering, great when you are not home
- There are commercial wicking beds on the market, however at this workshop you can make your own!
Come to Kimbriki to learn the secrets of wicking bed design and management.
See examples of different types of wicking beds in the Eco Garden.
Each participant will make their own small wicking bed on the day, planted up with some vegie seedlings to take home.
This is one of the most exciting & useful gardening workshops we have ever put on at Kimbriki Eco House & Garden!
It is almost a ‘revolution’ in how we can more successfully grow some of our own healthy organic food!
Friday 29 November 2019 10:00 AM
Sunday 1 December 2019 10:00 AM
Kimbriki ECO House & Garden
Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre, Kimbriki Road (off Mona Vale Road), Ingleside, NSW 2084
Access by vehicle only – as there is no pedestrian access to Kimbriki, please make arrangements to arrive by vehicle.
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.