Robo Club is an after-school robotics workshop for students. The Project Bucephalus robotics teams have been running classes for adults and children since 2011. We offer an exciting program that builds interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in unique ways, with many former students moving on to become mentors themselves! The Thirroul class will see us collaborate with the Elonera Embers - another robotics team from Wollongong!
Project Bucephalus and Elonera Embers team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The teams will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
The Thirroul Robo Club will operate in two streams:
- Robo Club Jr: For students aged 5 - 8. These classes will utilise LEGO® WeDo® to teach basic skills
- Robo Club: For students aged 8+. These classes will use LEGO® MINDSTORMS® to teach more advanced skills.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- NOTE: The Thirroul Robo Club will start by running a three-week (paid) trial. The class will keep running if a viable number of students wishes to continue.
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- After the trial period, substantial discounts are available to students providing their own MINDSTORMS® kit and laptop.
- Students can apply Creative Kids vouchers to this class. The option will be made available during registration.
Please note that registrations can also be made by getting in touch through the Contact Us page on our website - use this method if you have special requirements or any questions about the event.
2019 Schedule (Trial Only)
Thursday afternoons, 17th, 24th and 31st October
|Robo Club Jr||Robo Club|
|Time:||3:45 - 5:30 pm||3:45 - 5:45 pm|
The Thirroul Class is open to students from any location.
Thirroul Public School
Roxburgh Ave, Thirroul, NSW 2500
The organiser will be sent the details of this message.
Sorry, there appears to have been an error. Please try again later.