Develop advanced skills in motivational interviewing to supercharge your alcohol and other drug practice
Join one of Australia’s most experienced alcohol and other drug trainers in this 2 day motivational interviewing masterclass for practitioners who want to advance their motivational interviewing skills. You will take your motivational interviewing skills to the next level by using self-reflection and practice to understand and apply advanced strategies in assessment, intervention and responding to therapeutic challenges within a motivational framework.
- Understand the ins and outs of motivational interviewing
- Understand what drives, and how to better respond to, client ambivalence
- Apply a comprehensive model of change that integrates client values
- Develop advanced motivational listening and questioning skills, high-level skills in eliciting change
- Understand and effectively respond to therapeutic relationship difficulties
Who should attend:
This is an advanced skills workshop suitable for experienced and advanced practitioners. We recommend you do our How and why of MI workshop before attending this workshop. This workshop is suitable for workers in clinical settings.
Facilitator: Paula Ross
There were very meaningful discussions and good examples used, which has given me a better understanding as to how I implement motivational interviewing in my role.
Wednesday 23 August 2023 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (UTC+11)
Thursday 24 August 2023 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM (UTC+11)
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser