The Level 6 Air Activities Program (Venturer) Theory Day is designed for individual or small groups of Venturers seeking to use aviation for their Venturer Awards or as a a foundation for those interested in building to their Queen's Scout Award.
The Venturer Awards program consists of three parts:
- Basic Aeronautical Knowledge (based on the material of the Scout Adventurer Level Air Activities Target Badge) – approx. 2.5 hours
- Plan a Cross Country Flight as a “Hike in the Sky”
- Part A – working through a sample (Lilydale to Elmore) – approx. 2.5 hours
- Part B – participant homework – approx. 2.5 hours plus review and update approx. 1.0 hour
- Effects of Controls flight lesson with an instructor - briefing, flight, debriefing – approx. 1.5 hours
The initial day will cover the Part 1 - basic aeronautical knowledge, principles of flight, and weather and Part 2a) - navigation and basic flight planning. At the end of the day, participants will be given a pack of material to assist them to complete Part 2b) - an individual flight planning exercise, 'plan a hike in the sky'. Together these will ultimately lead to a separate flying activity day which could be a solo or share training flight. Subsequent time will be arranged to review individual flight plans.
At a later time and once the flight plans have been completed, participants will be invited to schedule Part 3 - Effects of Controls flight lesson.
The Queen's Scout Awards program would build on the Venturer Award Program and would be tailored to the individual participant with a varying mix of flying or theory and their specific interest in aviation.
Part 1 & 2 - Cost is $30 per participant to cover materials. There is no flying associated with this theory activity.
Part 3 - Cost will be approx $200 per participant payable at the time of booking. A discounted carer rate is available upon request.
To complete the registration for this event you will need:
- participant's name and scout registration number
- full name, phone number (preferably mobile), and email address of a primary and an alternate parent / guardian
- knowledge of any Medical Management Plans
- knowledge of any special needs including carer requirements
- make a payment by credit card or debit card for each participant?
- parent / guardian consent for flight
As for any Venturer Award Program activity, you must obtain approval for the activity from your Unit Council in advance and adhere to the timelines agreed.
Moorabbin Flying Services
16 Northern Avenue
Mentone, Victoria 3194
Event timings will be confirmed once bookings close and numbers are confirmed.
8:00am to 4:00pm
Your browser must allow 'pop-ups' to complete the booking. If you do not get a 'please wait' window after clicking on "Buy Now" check the 'block pop-ups' settings.
You should receive a confirmation / ticket from TryBookings shortly after making your booking. If you do not please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org after checking your spam folder.
You should receive a confirmation email and instructions from email@example.com shortly after bookings close. If you do not, please check your spam folder, and then contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you still need assistance. There have been a number of issues in recent times especially with gmail users not receiving emails.