Boosting bike confidence LGBTIQA+ friendly training
AboutRefresh your basic bike skills with riding and safety tips from an accredited bike coach for this LGBTIQA+ friendly session. Have fun, enjoy the sun and increase your physical activity in the great outdoors. Bike and helmets are available to borrow upon request. Boosting bike confidence for the LGBTIQA+ community.
Rear carpark, Oakleigh Recreation Centre
2A Park Road, Oakleigh Victoria 3166
About this event
This LGBTIQA+ friendly session is aimed at people who can already balance on a bike, but wish to learn to ride with confidence again.
Learn about basic bike riding safety and riding tips to help you feel confident to get back out on a bike and ride on local paths.
This session will be highly weather dependant. If conditions are deemed to be unsafe, the session may be post-poned at the discretion of the organisers.
Please meet the instructor at reception 10 minutes prior to commencement of the session.
Active Communities exists to create pathways for activity, movement and exercise as well as education around Health and Wellbeing to enrich the whole community whilst having limited access to traditional forms of exercise and sport.
Terms and Conditions
1. No ticket – no admittance
2. Bring your own bike and helmet (or borrow one). If you need to borrow a bike and helmet on the day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the event.
3. Please wear loose comfortable clothing and closed shoes suitable for bike riding (eg track suit pants and running shoes). Sessions are outdoors - check the weather forecast and dress accordingly.
4. Please do not attend if you have flu or fever like symptoms.
5. If post-injury please obtain medical clearance from doctor before attending.
6. Be mindful that these sessions are outdoors, please wear appropriate attire for outdoors and bike riding (closed toe shoes etc).
7. No more than 12 participants (13 including trainer)
8. This event is suitable for ages 16+
9. Where possible please bring own towel, water bottle, and sunscreen.
10. Participant should be able to competently balance on a bike. The session is designed for people who had ridden previously, perhaps a long time ago, but are interested in some basic bike skills to help their confidence in taking up riding a bike again.
11. Advise instructor if a current injury may prevent them performing such movements safely.
12. Registration to this program is a first in, best dressed process. Should you need to cancel your spot please do so prior so another can come off wait list.
13. For risk, health, and safety measures, we are required to record full name, phone and email of all participants. This information will be used to develop a community database for future programs with Active Monash.
14. This activity is weather dependent and may be cancelled in the event of unsafe conditions. Please check your emails regularly for updates.
A partnership between Sustainable Monash and Active Monash