Separation of Natural & Synthetic Gemstones (MANDARIN)
AboutIn this short 2-day course you will learn the BASIC TECHNIQUES required to differentiate between natural and synthetic gemstones.
- the relationship between earth and gems
- geological environments and gemstone formation
- properties and fundamentals used to evaluate gemstones
- how instruments are used to test gemstones
- features of natural & synthetic ruby and sapphire
- manufacturing techniques and features of synthetic gemstones, doublets and triplets
- synthetic opal, opal imitations and treatments.
128 Terry Street, ROZELLE NSW 2039