Sexual Trauma 1st Aid Expanded - Wynyard 07/11/23
**Please note. This training is the SAME as the SASS 4-hour Sexual Trauma 1st Aid workshop, with the addition of information about pornography, warning signs of domestic & family violence, bystander behaviour concepts, teaching children protective behaviours, information about child grooming & responding to the sharing of explicit images.
- SASS & What We Do
- General awareness raising, stats and facts about sexual harm.
- Cultural Drivers of Sexual Harm; including power & control, stereotypes, sexualised media and pornography.
- Culture Change Concepts; including ethical bystander behaviour and teaching children protective behaviours.
- The Impact of Trauma on the Brain & Nervous System
- How to create a safe space and respond to a Disclosure of Sexual Harm in a Crisis, including technology facilitated sexual abuse.
- Practical Trauma-Informed Grounding practices that help regulate the nervous system in crisis, such as guided imagery, limbic retraining, polyvagal nervous system exercises, mindful artmaking, yoga poses and movement activities.
- Self-care and signs of vicarious trauma
Intended Learning Outcomes:
- Increased ability to connect survivor/victims with support services.
- Improved awareness of who/when/where/how sexual assault occurs in our community.
- Knowledge of sexual harm risk factors and how to address them.
- Ability to apply trauma informed practice principles to improve safety in the home and workplace.
- Insight into how to improve a survivor’s recovery experience.
- Acquire knowledge of barriers to reporting sexual harm and how to reduce those barriers.
- Skills on how to advocate for survivor/victims and support those who have experienced sexual harm
- Skills on how to manage distress in self and others
COST (inclusive of GST):
- Group of 5 or more $200 per person
- Regular adult ticket $250 per person
Watershed Wynyard - Meeting Room
The Watershed 2A Old Bass Highway , Wynyard TAS 7325
** Tea & coffee provided. We will have a 30-minute break for lunch. BYO lunch or shops are nearby to buy your lunch.