2023 MGA TMA Timber Product Knowledge Training
AboutProvided by Timber Training Creswick (RTOid #4168), this 2-day course is designed for timber & wood product salespeople who need to provide comprehensive advice to customers on the correct timber to use for their applications.
The course includes;
1. Features, benefits, & limitations of timber as a product
2. The lifecycle of timber products
3. Timber classification & naming, wood structure and tree growth
4. Wood properties (strength, durability, hardness, appearance, density etc.)
5. Timber treatment, hazard levels & precautions in use of treated timber
6. Log conversion processes
7. Forest product certification schemes
8. Sourcing technical information
9. Keeping timber looking great (finishes, stains, & oils)
10. Innovative, new, & emerging wood products/ technologies
At the end of the course participants will receive a Statement of Attainment in FWPCOT3302 Access and Provide Timber & Wood Product Information, once the participants successfully complete their assessment.
DATE & time
Tuesday 22 August 2023 & Wednesday 23 August 2023, 9.00am - 4.30pm (approx.)
Day 1: Suite 5/1 Milton Parade, Malvern.
Day 2: A full day field trip (further details will be provided closer to the date)
Day one will include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Please advise MGA TMA of any dietary requirements upon booking.
Suite 5/1 Milton Parade, Malvern Vic 3002