Banyule Individual Bike Skills Sessions (adult) (SOLD OUT)
* Note: participants MUST be residents of Banyule.
* Limit of 1 session per participant.
Date: Sunday 24th September 2023, choose a 50min timeslot between 10am and 3pm.
Location: Olympic Park carpark, Heidelberg West.
Date: Sunday 22nd October 2023, choose a 50min timeslot between 10am and 3pm.
Location: Greensborough War Memorial car park, Greensborough.
Fee: $25 (full) and $15.50 (concession).
Who is this session suitable for?
- Adults who can not yet ride a bike but would like to learn (you need to have your own bike), or novice riders with basic skills with a view to improve their confidence riding a bike.
- Participants MUST live, work or study within Banyule City Council. Ticket sales will open to residents of other municipalities one week before the session date if the event is not already sold out.
- Limit of 1 session per participant.
How many other participants will be in the group?
- Each individual 50min session is 1:1, meaning that it will but just you and the instructor, so you will receive dedicated assistance with the specific things you require help with to develop your riding.
What should I bring?
- A bicycle of suitable size and type, in good condition with working brakes, a bell and pumped up tyres. If you are unsure, please email email@example.com prior to booking.
- Australian Standards Approved helmet in good condition
- Runners or similar closed-toe footwear
- Sun/weather protection
- A bottle of water, and snacks as needed
- Any medication
- Suitable clothing for the conditions
What is the start/finish time?
The session will take place at the time you have booked. Please arrive at your session time with your bike and helmet prepared ready to go to avoid delays in your start time.
Where should we come for the training?
Please refer to the top of this page for the location of each session. You will be sent a reminder email with all of the details and a map of the meeting location a few days before the session.
What facilities are there at the location?
Depending on the location, there may not be any toilet facilities nearby so please ensure you are prepared and take care of any bathroom requirements before arriving to the session. There are also no undercover areas, so please ensure appropriate clothing is worn for the weather conditions.
What if the weather isn’t great?
The training will only be cancelled if the weather forecast predicts very wet, very windy or very hot weather, which present a health or safety risk. In this event, we will contact you at least 2 hours prior to the start time. If weather conditions deteriorate after training has begun, training activities may be modified or omitted or the session terminated to minimise health and safety risks.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket?
You don't need to bring your ticket on the day. We will have a list of registered participants.
Who do I contact if I have any questions?
Cazz Clarke, Cycling Coach (Bike it Better) on 0421 114 389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tristan Jessup, Transport Planner (Banyule City Council) on (03) 9457 9899 or email@example.com.
By registering and providing this information, you hereby agree to your data being provided to Bike it Better (the professionals who deliver these courses) to allow us to confirm event details and access your emergency contact details if needed during the course.
Bike it Better also shares the data you provide for Bike Skills Courses with City of Banyule who have commissioned these workshops, and by registering and providing this information, you also hereby agree to your data being shared with City of Banyule for purpose of evaluation and future program planning. If you have any concerns with any of these policies, please use the contact details listed in the previous section.
Please check details above.
Check out our other upcoming cycling classes:
- Hands-On Basic Bike Maintenance (7 Sept 2023, 14 Nov 2023, 8 Feb 2024, 17 Apr 2024)
- Adult 1:1 Learn to Ride / Skills Improvement Sessions (24 Sept 2023, 22 Oct 2023, 24 Feb 2024)
- Child 1:1 Learn to Ride / Skills Improvement Sessions (23 Sept 2023, 10 Feb 2024)
- Novice Cycling Skills (8 Oct 2023, 9 Mar 2024)
- Urban Cycling Confidence (7 Oct 2023, 25 Feb 2024, 23 Mar 2024)
- Cycling Skills 1:1 Session Vouchers (on demand)