AFL Victoria 9-a-side Come & Try
Register now to try out AFL Victoria's newest format, 9-a-side footy!
Participants aged 8-14 can register for FREE and come down to Wellington Reserve to play in 9-a-side mini matches on the 20th September. Beginners and regular players welcome.
The matches are played on smaller fields with modified rules including no tackling, making it perfect for those who are playing for the first time or just want to come down and have some fun. Join the specialist coaches from AFL Victoria who will be there to help learn and improve your fundamentals of the game no matter your skill level. Spots are limited so get in quick!
Please meet our staff on the Wellington Reserve Football Oval behind the Wellington Reserve Community Centre.
Amenities will be open for your convenience.
If you would like to find out more about AFL 9-a-side pre-season registration please visit (link).
All participants under the age of 16 will need to be supervised by a parent or carer at all times.
Terms and Conditions
1. No ticket – no admittance.
2. Please do not attend session if you have flu or fever like symptoms.
3. If post-injury please obtain medical clearance from doctor before attending.
4. Be mindful that these sessions are outdoors, be prepared for cooler training conditions.
5. No more than 120 participants (not including staff).
6. Please register for each session.
7. Please bring your own drink bottle.
8. Runners/Joggers recommended (not football boots).
9. Participant should be able to competently participate in simple body weight exercises.
10. Participants must be aged 8-14 years of age.
11. Advise instructor if a current injury may prevent them performing such movements safely.
12. Registration to this program is a first in, best dressed process. Should you need to cancel your spot please do so prior so another can come off wait list.
13. For contact tracing measures, we are required to record full name, phone and email of all participants. This information will be used to develop a community database for future programs with Active Monash.
14. You agree that outdoor programs are in a public place and you agree to undertake at your own risk based on your knowledge of your own limitations. Council is not liable for any potential damages.
15. Please keep an eye on email for event updates.
36-42 Mackie Road, Mulgrave Victoria 3170