Writing affirming IEP goals
AboutThis webinar is for parents, teachers and clinicians to learn about how we write affirming Indvidiual Education Plan (IEP) goals. Importantly, we'll be looking at:
- What is an IEP and what are the legal obligations that go into this
- What does being affirming mean?
- Questioning our assumptions of skills required
- A framework for examining if a goal is affirming
- Sample reframes of affirming goals using above framework
This webinar is designed to equip participants with the confidence to look at IEPs from an affirming perspective, to provide them with confidence and to allow us to come together in creating affirming educational supports for our autistic children.
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser