Protective Behaviours Universals Plus Online Training
The only way to become a recognised Protective Behaviours Practitioner
The PB WEST Protective Behaviours Universal training meets the requirements outlined by the Protective Behaviours International alliance and is recognised by Protective Behaviours International (PBI). this training is held over three days, 3 hour session each day. The training is suitable for all people, particularly staff in community organisations, schools. health, social services and early years sectors and government department that work with vulnerable people, children and young people across sectors. This training is also suitable for parents and carers
Our children and vulnerable people are hurting, and they are being harmed. They are being hurt and let down by the current system and the processes we currently have in place. As leaders, professionals, practitioners, parents and community members we have a responsibility to our children and vulnerable people to help them when they are not feeling safe. If they feel we cannot help, then it can become futile in their eyes, minds and hearts, often with devastating effects.
The international Protective Behaviours training will
- Provide education, awareness, skills and strategies that can help those working with children and vulnerable people to teach and role model, self-empowerment, self-determination and ways to feel and be safe with every interaction and the deep understanding to use these skills transferrable across disciplines
- Equip attendees with the skills and confidence to start the conversation with their families, communities and clients. We need to be able to talk about abuse to stop abuse.
- Provide attendees with skills and knowledge for teaching and role modelling anti-victimisation and personal safety strategies.
- Ensure participants increase their competence to talk about personal safety, body boundaries, safe and unsafe to teach personal safety, body boundaries, safe and unsafe situations, and the tricky behaviours of unsafe people.
- Encompass learning and development in all areas of protective behaviours, including, the social and emotional framework, themes, elements of safeness, responsibility to and for, concepts, skills and strategies and body safety lesson objectives, from PBs strengths objectives
Outlined below are the points of excellence in PB West Protective Behaviours Universal Plus training
- Aligned with International practice
- Meets the guidelines set by Protective Behaviours Australia
- Quality improved
- Evidence-informed practice
- Recognised by Protective Behaviours International
- Endorsed by Donna Fortin, one of the original creators of the Protective Behaviours program
- Co-developed with Di Margetts, renowned International Protective Behaviours expert and the architect of the social and emotional context of Protective Behaviours
- Pre-requisite for the Advanced Practitioner and the Train the Trainer course
- Pre-requisite for the course “Responding to problematic sexualised behaviours of children with Protective Behaviours”
- This Online training is over three weeks and involves at-home reading and attending all training dates.
- Attendance is kept small for the groups to be congruent with inclusiveness and process quality.
- We encourage you to find a colleague who can complete the training alongside you
This course is a prerequisite for the Advanced Practitioner level and Trainer course
COST: 500.00 + GST DATES: September, Saturday 16; September, Saturday 23; September, Saturday 30. All three dates to be attended. TIME: 9.00 am- 12.00 pm ( 3 hours) AWST. LOCATION: Online