Pitch It! Workshop with James Layton and Dani Vee
AboutAre you ready to pitch it?
Join Larrikin House Publisher, James Layton, with over thirty years of publishing and bookselling experience, and a publisher of children's books for 5 years. Together with author, slush pile reader, publicist and podcaster extraordinaire, Dani Vee, in this one-time, exclusive and interactive 90 minute workshop you'll learn how to write a killer pitch that will instantly grab a publisher’s attention.
What will you learn?
• The crucial pieces of information needed in your pitch
• How to incorporate a stellar ‘hook’ that piques the reader’s interest
• How to identify the main themes of your story, and what value they offer
• How to reflect the voice and emotion of your manuscript through your pitch
• What NOT to write in your pitch!
• What gives your pitch a WOW factor?
• What you should always do before submitting
• and more!
You will have an opportunity to receive feedback on your pitch and ask questions to the publishers.
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser