Collaborative & Proactive Solutions Virtual Training with Dr Ross Greene
Following the amazing response to Dr Greene's visit to Australia in September 2023, Illume Learning is thrilled to provide a virtual opportunity to complete the Collaborative & Proactive Solutions Introductory and Advanced courses.
COURSE ONE: CPS Introductory Course (presented across 2 sessions)
A general overview of the CPS model, including key themes, use of assessment instrumentation, and solving problems collaboratively.
Part 1 of 2
LIVE Thursday 8th February 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
Part 2 of 2
LIVE Thursday 15th February 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
COURSE TWO: CPS Advanced Course (presented across 2 sessions)
Dive deeper into various facets of the CPS model. Includes extensive use of video examples and ample time for questions and discussion
Completion of the Introductory Course is a pre-requisite.
Part 1 of 2
LIVE Thursday 22nd February 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
Part 2 of 2
LIVE Thursday 29th February 8am – 12pm AEST (includes 30min break) + one week replay on-demand
About the courses
The courses, hosted by Illume Learning and presented by Dr Greene, will feature lecture, video demonstration, and Q & A.
At the conclusion of this training participants will be able to:
- Describe the five big shifts of the CPS model, including focusing on problems rather than behaviours, the advantages of collaborative (rather than unilateral) problem solving; and the importance and feasibility of proactive (rather than reactive) intervention.
- Identify the lagging skills and unsolved problems using the Assessment of Lagging Skills and Unsolved Problems(ALSUP).
- Describe the three basic mechanisms by which adults handle unsolved problems and unmet expectations in kids (Plans A, B, and C) and what is accomplished by each, and the three steps or “ingredients” of Plan B.
- Describe how to effectively implement Plan B to solve problems, teach skills, and reduce the frequency and intensity of challenging behaviour.
- Identify the strategies for dealing with the various structural factors in schools that may impede implementation of the CPS model.
- Describe and deal with the roadblocks commonly encountered in implementation with individual children and in families and systems.
Participants in this training will leave with an understanding of the underpinnings of the CPS model, its refinements over the past 8-10 years, and a range of practical assessment and intervention tools that can be used in your setting.
Completing the Introductory and Advanced CPS Training is a prerequisite to applying for the CPS Certification Training. Completion of the Certification Training is required for those who wish to provide the CPS model in their school, treatment, or clinical setting.
Who should attend?
Teachers, Principals and other School Leaders, Parents, Occupational Therapists, Speech/Language Pathologists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Counselors, Paediatricians.
If you’re only interested in an introduction to the CPS model, just register for the Introductory Course.
If you’ve already attended an introductory training with Dr. Greene, you may just want to register for the Advanced Course.
If you love the CPS model and Dr Greene, or just want to know it all, register for both!
Your registration includes:
- 7 hours of professional development per course
- Access to the live event and a one week replay for each session
- Certificate of attendance
- Digital resource pack
Introductory AND Advanced Course - $399
Introductory Course only - $249
Advanced Course only - $249
Need an invoice?
Simply enter the code 'INVOICE' into the 'Gift/Promotional Code' section of your cart. No payment will be required and an invoice will be issued to the billing address provided within 2 working days. Where an invoice is requested, registrations are considered confirmed on submission of the booking form and the cancellation policy will apply.
Terms and Conditions
- All dates and times are provided in Australian Eastern Standard Time. Please check your local time.
- Access details will be provided by email 24 hours prior to course commencement.
- Access is provided to the registered attendee only and is not to be shared.
- Illume Learning takes no responsibility for emails not received due to errors or typos. Attendees should first check junk mail/spam folders and contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the event access details are not located.
- All sessions will be available on-demand for one week following the live sessions. No extensions will be available. Refunds will not be offered in the event of non-attendance.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellations received before 5pm Monday 5th February 2024 (Registrations for Course 1 only or both courses) or 5pm Monday 19th February 2024 (Registrations for Course 2 only) will be entitled to a refund of the online event fee minus a $50 administration fee
- Cancellations received after the dates and times indicated above will not be eligible for a refund