Rutherglen Tastes of Art Prize 2024
This website is ONLY for entering SMALL TO MEDIUM ARTWORKS - maximum number of entries is THREE.
Your artwork size must not exceed 1.2 square metres. For eg. 1 x 1.2 metres.
For Larger Artworks between 1.2 and 2.5 square metres please enter at trybooking.com/CLFLK
To calculate your area multiply the width x height. The total should be no more than 1.2 square metres including your frame.
Arts Rutherglen is proud to host its seventh Rutherglen Tastes of Art Prize and would like to extend an invitation to you to submit your works of art for exhibition and sales. Once again, we will include our Youth Award for artists 12 to 18 years of age. Arts Rutherglen is eager and keen to foster artists and promote the arts in the Rutherglen community.
Categories and Prizes
- Painting / Mixed Media - 2 prizes of $2,000
- Work on Paper - 1 prize of $2,000
- Photography Illustrative - 1 prize of $1,000
- Photography Places - 1 prize of $1,000
- Photography People - 1 prize of $1,000
- Photography Animal - 1 prize of $1,000
- 3D Artworks - 1 prize of $2,000
- Youth Award - 3 prizes of $250
- People’s Choice - $500
- Highly Commended - 5 prizes of $200
- Packing award of $100
We invite you to enter here for the 2024 Exhibition by clicking on the REGISTER NOW button at the top of this page.
Entry is $15 per artwork with a maximum number of 3 entries per artist. Or $30 for a large artwork with only one entry per artist allowed. To enter a large artwork do NOT enter on this Trybooking page, please go to trybooking.com/CLFLK.
Youth section entries are $5 per artwork to enter with a maximum number of 3 entries per artist. Sales commissions do not apply to Youth Award entries.Read the full Conditions of Entry here. If you would like to please email your CV proforma to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also enter by completing the Printable Entry Form and returning it to us by email or post.
The exhibition will be open for viewing and sales on Saturday 9th March to Sunday 17th March 2024 between the hours of 10am and 4pm.
Gala Opening Cocktail Party
Friday 8th March 2024, commencing at 6.30pm.
Artists will receive a complimentary entry ticket and glass of Rutherglen wine to enjoy during the exhibition opening. Prize winners will be announced on the night after which sales will commence.
To receive your complimentary ticket please visit trybooking.com/CLFMY. You should have received a code via email to wave the $15 fee. Family and friends are welcome and must purchase a ticket as numbers are limited.
Important Dates to Remember
- Sunday 11 February 2024 – Entries close.
- Tuesday 5 March 2024 – Deliver Artwork to Rutherglen Memorial Hall between 10am and 5.30pm.
- Friday 8 March 2024 at 6.30pm – Gala Opening Cocktail Party. Free entry to participating artists, otherwise $15 per person.
- Sunday 17 March 2024 – Collect artwork between 3.30pm & 5.30pm (unless notified that all artwork has been sold) or other arrangements have been made.
Frame N Art, Chiltern is offering a 30% discount on the cost of frames for artists entering the Rutherglen Art Prize. Contact Chris Brown on 0417 550 076. Artwork must be delivered for framing by 20th February, 2024.
We look forward to your participation in our very successful event.
Rutherglen Memorial Hall
149-155 High Street, Rutherglen VIC 3685