MELBOURNE CELTIC FESTIVAL
SECOND RELEASE TICKET SALES SELLING FAST
Afternoon and Evening Sessions $40 - $45 (Children 12 and under free) To join us for the entire Festival please purchase an arvo and evening ticket!
Following our 'sold out' Melbourne Celtic Festival in 2023
Get your entire family and all your mates together to enjoy a stellar line-up of Celtic musicians across 3 indoor stages and a garden stage at this community event that promises the best Craic in town in 2024.
MCF is a showcase of Celtic Music in the heart of the city over St Paddy's weekend, Saturday, March 16 & Sunday, March 17, 2024. at The Mission to Seafarers
Step into the magical world of melodies, foot-stomping rhythms and heartwarming spirit of the Celtic world. The Melbourne Celtic Festival is back for it's second 'fully live' year and it's more exhilarating than ever!
WHAT'S NEW IN 2024
- 'Unplugged in the Dome' 12.30 - 9pm After a resounding 'thumbs up' from featuring international guitarist Tony McManus in this unique acoustic space in 2023, we have a full line-up of extra special performances in The Norla Dome (120 seats)
- FREE community Ceilidh dance with the famous Melbourne Scottish Fiddlers on Saturday Night
- Sound Bath created by Fiona Ross on her alchemy crystal singing bowls combined with her beautiful voice, drums, chimes and other instruments. You can start the MCF with a unique relaxation soundscape experience
- Our fabulous friends at Kilted Haggis Food Van will be at our back gate on Siddeley Street and The Wee Kitchen will be serving scrumptious eats from Celia Little Room.
- As we sold out pretty early last year, we are splitting the afternoon and evening ticketing to make sure as many people as possible can enjoy the Festival
- We will run a wee outdoor stage in The Garden in addition to the 3 indoor stages
- Improved accessibility with wheelchair/mobility scooter ramps and treads supported by City Of Melbourne
Beer Garden / Spanish Style Courtyard / Fully Licensed Bar / Delicious Celtic Eats from Kilted Haggis, Tartan Treats and The Wee Kitchen / Dimattina Coffee Cart / Raffle / Family Friendly / Accessible Access / Tix $40 - $45 / Children 12 and under free / City Music Festival with a country feel
WHO YOU'LL SEE: (Artists subject to change)
Sat. March 16 2024 7.00pm - 10.30pm - FREE CEILIDH (Kay-lee) dance with the famous MELBOURNE SCOTTISH FIDDLERS Get your dancing feet on - no partner or experience needed, just a love of unbridled, chaotic fun. 'Ye dancin'? 'Ye askin'? (A free event - but you need to register and there are limited tickets!)
Sun. March 17 2024 ARVO SESSION 12.00pm - 6.00pm Current Lineup
CHLOE MATHARU (SCO) SAOIRSE VICTORIA WELSH CHOIR KATHRYN CLEMENTS BHAN TRE Voice and Celtic Harp CLAIRE PATTI with Fiddle PRIA SCHWALL-KEARNEY BIG FIDDLE, LITTLE FIDDLE PLAY IT MARTHA COMHALTAS MELBOURNE SHONA WILLIAMS and PHIL LESTER EMMA-KATE TOBIA SOUND BATH IN THE DOME Demonstration Hard Shoe Irish Dancing and Children's Dance Class by PATRICK GIGACZ from CHRISTINE AYERS IRISH DANCE ACADEMY, Traditional Celtic Singing Workshop with Kathryn Clements and more...
Sun. March 17 2024 EVENING SESSION 5.00PM - 11.00PM Current Lineup
Line-up includes Australia's best-known, most loved Australiana band THE BUSHWACKERS Australia's premiere Scottish Rock Band, living legends CLAYMORE High energy, multi Award-Winning Celtic group AUSTRAL Scots Singer of the Year Nominee, Harpist, Singer, Seafarer CHLOE MATHARU (SCO)
Raffle Tickets $20 for book of 5 Lots of fabulous prizes to be won! Including a Weekend at Poolie's Place in beautiful San Remo Victoria, Hampers from Dimattina Cofffe and Prestige Foods, a mixed dozen of Stumpy Gully Wine...Raffle will be drawn at 9.00pm - ish on St Paddy's Day in The Hall - if you are not there, don't worry, we'll give you a call.
Ticket sale proceeds go to important Mental Health Initiatives through Australian Rotary Health and Rotary Port Phillip
Melbourne Celtic Festival would like to thank our fabulous Volunteers (we can't do it without you) and our partners, sponsors and donors including FreshPict Creative, Community Bendigo Bank Murrumbeena, The Mission to Seafarers, Rotary Port Phillip, Oliver-Ramsay Security, Eric and Elizabeth Gross Foundation, Dimattina Coffee, Stumpy Gully Winery , Prestige Foods, Kilted Haggis, Jimmy O'Neill's and a groundswell of community support.
Supported by City of Melbourne and Scottish Business Network Victoria
DateMelbourne Celtic Festival
The Mission to Seafarers
717 Flinders St, Docklands VIC 3008