ON/OFF: NICA's 3rd year showcase (SOLD OUT)
Company 23 Showcase
Join NICA in triumphant celebration of our third-year student, as they perfrom the fruits of their passion, blood, sweat, and tears in their graduate showcase, ON/OFF.
Revel in 20 rounds of contortion, roue cyr, hand to hand, tightwire, tissu, trapeze, hula hoop, hoop diving, Chinese pole, and acrobatic whip - a series of untouched and self-directed acts designed by a group whose reputation precedes them.
Step into the realm of their artistic creation one last time before these extraordinary students embark on their seperate journeys.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Peel back the layers of an artist, the myriad of roles they embrace both on and off stage that coalesce to form an exceptional performer. Bear witness as they unveil their raw vulnerability and unwavering strength, each seizing their moment in the spotlight with commanding presence.
---NICA is Australia’s Centre of Excellence for training in contemporary circus arts and is one of eight national arts training institutes.
Content Warning: PG (parental guidance recommended). Recommended for ages 13+
The show may contain partial nudity, loud music, whip cracking and smoke/haze.
Tuesday 28 November 7.30pm (preview)
Wednesday 29 November 7.30pm (opening night)
Thursday 30 November 7.30pm
Friday 1 December 7.30pm
Saturday 2 December 2.00pm (matinee)
Saturday 2 December 7.30pm (closing night)
National Institute of Circus Arts (NICA)
39-59 Green Street, Prahran Victoria 3181
We request that while attending this event you maintain NICA's Key COVIDsafe Principles:
- Stay home if you are unwell. Even if you have tested negative. You may be turned away and issued a refund.
- Maintain physical distance where possible (NICA cannot guarenteed this in all spaces, so please bring a mask.)
- Practice good hygiene.
- Avoid interactions in enclosed spaces.
In the event of cancellation due to advice from public health officials, all patrons will receive a transfer or full refund of their ticket price. If you have any queries, please contact us on (+613) 9214 6975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entry on street level - entire space including entrance points, is wheelchair accessible
- The only stairs in the building is the tiered seating in the theatre. If you are using a wheelchair, a front row seat on ground level will be arranged - please let us know at the time of booking
- Inside the theatre, there will be a stage to the left and a seating bank to the right
- Outdoor space available to audience members near the entry of the venue
- Hard, non-carpeted flooring throughout
- This space can be quite loud and crowded
- Support animals will be allowed
- Free drinking water provided
- Carers and support people can attend the show for free, please contact us to arrange
- Handrails, hand basin with accessible tap handle, hand dryer at appropriate height for wheelchair use & angled mirror
- Dimensions 2.3 m x 1.9 m
- Entrance door width 850 mm, accessibility toilet corridor width 1.6 m, corridor entrance 1 m (no door)
- Distance from corridor entrance to toilet door 1.5 m, from toilet corridor to theatre main entrance is 17 m
- Entry to the bathroom requires no key
- There are handles and latches on the bathroom doors
Alternatively, get in touch with us via:
Telephone (+613) 9214 6975
PARKING AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT
Please note there is limited on street car parking availability around NICA. If departing our venue late at night, please respect our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum. Please obey parking street signs and restrictions.
Stonnington Council operates a number of outdoor car parks that are a short walk from NICA.
- Windsor Station Carpark, 28 Chapel Street - ticketing paid parking, Monday - Sunday all day
- James Street Carpark, 8 Lincoln Place - free 2 hour parking, Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm
Trams and Trains:
From Flinders Street Station take the Sandringham Line train to Windsor or Prahran Stations. The Number 6 Glen Iris Tram runs along Swanston Street. The closest stop is on the corner of High and Chapel Streets. Trams operate from 5.30am to 12.00pm midnight and with extended services available on Friday and Saturday nights. Visit metlinkmelbourne.com.au for timetable information.