Dance Performance Group - Jacqueline Morland Awards 2024
Location - rehearsals - Kelvin Grove State College, SJ block studios
PERFORMANCE - St John's College Auditorium, 55 College Avenue, Forest Lake QLD
Student Registrations are now CLOSED. Audience tickets can be purchased by clicking 'Book Now'
This is your opportunity to participate in a performance group in front of a live audience at The Jacqueline Morland Awards 2024. Don't miss it!
For those who don't want to participate in the competition, the Dance Performance Groups are an excellent opportunity to be involved in the Awards event. Each performance group is limited to only 40 students - Please note, registrations have now closed.
Please note, students must be studying the RAD syllabus at time of entry and at time of performance at the event, please read the full Terms and Conditions of Entry at the bottom of the page.
The Dance Performance Group Styles for students currently learning these RAD Levels
- Grade 1, 2 and 3 - Lyrical Dance Group - Choreographed and taught by Grace Djurovitch
- Grade 4 and 5 - Character Dance Group - Choreographed and taught by Mike Kurylewski
- Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate - Classical Dance Group - Choreographed and taught by Giselle Poncet
- Advanced Foundation to Advanced 2 - Contemporary Dance Group - Choreographed and taught by Riannon McLean
Not sure which level to enter? Students should enter the same level they will be training in as of Term 1 in 2024.
All students must attend all rehearsals which are held at Kelvin Grove State College on
- Sunday 18 February
- Sunday 25 February
- Sunday 3 March
- Sunday 10 March
Rehearsal times on each of these dates are as follows:
- Grade 1, 2 and 3 - Lyrical Group - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Grade 4 and 5 - Character Group - 9:00am to Midday
- Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate - Classical Group - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Advanced Foundation to Advanced 2 - Contemporary Group - 9:00am to Midday
Each student in the Dance Performance Groups wears a costume especially chosen by their teacher/choreographer for the routine. Costumes are included in the registration cost, ordered by the RAD and yours to keep following the performance. This excludes shoes.
SJ Block Dance Studio, Gate 1 L'Estrange Terrace, Kelvin Grove
Live Performance - Audience, Sunday 17 March
Family and friends are encouraged to purchase tickets and watch the performance groups, which are performed as part of the Jacqueline Morland Awards event. Tickets also include watching the finalists in the Awards and seeing the winners selected.
The live performance is at St John's Anglican College Auditorium, Forest Lake, the start and finish times for each session are as follows:
- Classical Group (Intermediate Foundation and Intermediate) and Contemporary Group (Advanced Foundation to Advanced 2)
- 11:00am start. Finish approx. 1:00pm, no interval
- Includes Grade 4, 5 and Intermediate Foundation finalist
- Lyrical Group (Grade 1, 2 and 3) and Character Group (Grade 4 and 5)
- 3:00pm start. Finish approx. 5:30pm, no interval
- Includes Intermediate, Advanced Foundation , Advanced 1 and 2 finalists
- $185 per student - includes 12 hours of tuition with choreographer, a costume (not including shoes), onstage rehearsal and stage performance at the JM Awards.
- Places are limited to 40 students per group, registrations close 8:00am, Monday 29 January 2024
Live Performance - Audience Tickets, Sunday 17 March
Show your support - Come along and watch the Dance Performance Group. Purchase your audience tickets now.
- Adults - $45
- Child/Concession - $35
- Family - from $100
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Entries are via Trybooking only and close on Monday 29 January at 8AM and late entries cannot be accepted.
- Entry fees are non-refundable or transferable including due to change of mind or clashes with other commitments, and if a student is no longer able to participate or perform the entry fee will be forfeited.
- A 50% refund is only available if a written request is made and accompanied by a medical certificate before Sunday 18 February, outlining that the student can no longer participate in the Performance Group at all, and needs to withdraw. Entry fee is non-refundable in any portion after Saturday 17 February.
- Participants must be studying the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) Syllabus, be residing in Queensland and Northern New South Wales areas north of and including Coffs Harbour, and must be enrolled with RAD Registered teachers in these areas, at time of entry and at time of the event/performance.
- Participants must enter the same RAD level that they are studying from Term 1, 2024.
- Participants must attend all rehearsals for their Dance Performance Group. Students who miss a rehearsal will not be able to perform at the Jacqueline Morland Awards. Rehearsals take place on Sunday 18 and 25 February, and Sunday 3 and 10 March at SJ Block, Kelvin Grove State College – see flyer or website for full details.
- Participants must also attend the final stage rehearsal and performance for their Dance Performance Group on Sunday 17 March at St John’s College Performing Arts Centre at the allocated time and wear the chosen costume.
- Entry fee includes a costume as selected by the choreographer (not including shoes), as well as a tshirt.
- Details are subject to change and RAD reserves the right to make changes and alterations where necessary, without notice.
- Participants agree that photographic images taken during the event may be used for promotional and/or reporting purposes unless they inform RAD otherwise.
- RAD should be notified in writing of any medical conditions when registering for the Dance Performance Group. Students participate at their own risk.
- RAD Australia follows all current government, public health and COVID-19 requirements - please refer to the Government website in your state for current guidelines and advice.