How to Increase Point Range Safely - A Dance Physiotherapists' Perspective
This 1-hour livestream session will provide up to date research and recommendations for dance teachers on ways to improve students' point range safely from the perspective of a dance physiotherapist. The workshop will review the anatomy of the foot and ankle, differences between adolescent and adult foot structure, how to safely increase mobility of the feet through specific exercises, pointing techniques and self-mobility techniques.
The aim of this workshop is to enhance participants' knowledge and understanding of how to improve point range safely with a particular focus on how to teach appropriate foot stretching exercises. Dance teachers will be able to takeaway practical skills, excercises and cueing techniques to incorporate into their dance class immediately post-workshop for both adolescent and adult students.
On completion of the course, you will:
- have an increased understanding of foot and ankle anatomy in dance
- be able to incorporate self-mobility and specific exercises to improve point range for your students
- understand the common pitfalls that contribute to a reduction in point range due to improper pointing technqiues and what to do about it
- have gained critical analytical skills to identify when it is appropriate to suggest improving point range
- be able to address and manage point range restircutions in a class setting
With Anastasia Sotnikova, Movement Laboratory
1-hour livestream workshop
Wednesday 28 February 2024
12pm - 1pm (AEDT)
1 hour time-valued CPD
THIS SESSION WILL NOT BE RECORDED AND IS LIVESTREAM ONLY