Young Engineers club @ Wembley Primary (Yr1-2 and Yr3-6)
Yr1 - Yr2 & Yr3 - Yr6 >> Feb 9, 16, 23, Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 (3.30pm - 4.45pm - 8 weeks)
Young Engineers club is an after-school Lego Engineering program at Wembley Primary School for Yr 1-2 and Yr 3-6 students. This runs weekly on Thursdays.
We aim to ignite a student’s passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) using LEGO®. Weekly sessions incorporate demonstrating scientific concepts using Lego prototypes provided. We then build & play with the Lego models.
Some of our achievements/milestones so far...
* Helped thousands of students ignite their love of STEM since 2015.
* Scientist in Residence @ Wesley College in 2018, 2019, 2020 and will be again in 2021).
* Partnered with more than 40 schools to run after-school clubs in the city of South Perth, Canning, Melville, Claremont, Cottesloe, Mosman Park, Peppermint, Nedlands, Subiaco, Shenton Park, Subiaco, Stirling, Swanbourne, Wembley, West Perth and Perth.
* Partnered with Scitech to deliver holiday workshops in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
* Chosen by Scitech to deliver teacher's professional learning session in Early Years STEM Education Expo 2018.
* Chosen by City of Canning to perform in their inaugural 2018 STEAM Carnival.
* Working with children clearance / insured.
See www.perth-south.young-engineers.com.au or more information.
Wembley Primary School (Science Room)
41 Grantham Street, Wembley Western Australia 6014
Please contact Chee Wong on 0406 542 912 if you have any questions or use the contact form button below.