Note: No class on 14th MArch due to FRC Competition
Robo Club is an after-school robotics workshop for students. The Project Bucephalus robotics teams have been running classes for adults and children since 2011. We offer an exciting program that builds interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in unique ways, with many former students moving on to become mentors themselves!
Project Bucephalus team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
To adhere to directives from NSW Health and the Department of Education there are several requirements that must be met by anyone attending our classes:
- Students will sanitise hands on entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will be sent home.
- Social distancing will be maintained where possible.
- Robots and computers will be wiped down before and after use.
Given the dynamic nature of the COVID pandemic, additional restrictions may apply. These will be communicated to students via email.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- NOTE: As of Term 1 2019, TIGS students must register and pay through this site. Students will still need to fill out the usual permission form, but will not be charged through the school.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own LEGO® robotics kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.
- Students can apply Creative Kids vouchers to this class. The option will be made available during registration.
Please note that registrations can also be made by getting in touch through the Contact Us page on our website - use this method if you have special requirements or any questions about the event.
Thursday afternoons, 3:30 - 5:30pm
This Class is open to students aged 7+
The Illawarra Grammar School
Western Ave, Block M, Mangerton NSW 2500