Request an Air Activity Day in 2021
Bookings will open 1 Feb 2021.
COVID-19: While bookings will be accepted without limitations at this time, it is unknown what restrictions may apply for specific events in 2021. Currently venue social distancing requirements will limit sessions to 9 participants, multiple sessions can be requested on a single day. Parents and participants will not be able towait inside.
In addition to a Flight Experience Day, a range of section specific programs are available including Scout Air Activities Target Badge Days, Cub Level 2 Flying Badge Days, and Venturer and Rover Award Program Days.
WHAT: Air Activity Days are usually conducted on Saturday or Sunday mornings at Moorabbin Airport and upon request at selected airfields throughout Victoria. Recently afternoon events have been popular and are also available by request.
You are requesting an event to be scheduled for a Mob, Pack, Troop, Unit, Crew, District or Region. To register individual participants for a Scout Target Badge or Cub Level 2 see the Scout Air Activities Award Scheme Days on the Scouts Victoria website.
WHEN: All bookings are subject to the availability of aircraft, pilots, presenters, and ground crew. Under normal circumstances events close 8 weeks prior to an event and will be confirmed at least 4 weeks prior to the proposed date based on the event type, location and numbers in the booking request. Events at locations other that Moorabbin requires additional time in order to determine the suitability of the location for the operation and obtain permission and permits to use the venue. Final numbers as a passenger list must be provided no later than the Friday two weeks prior to the event to enable the preparation of passenger lists, certificates, etc.
Note: If selecting a date on the same weekend as another event it is possible that the Air Activities team may not be able to resource your event.
AVAILABLE DATES: To see the available dates click on the BOOK NOW icon at the top right corner of this webpage.
LOCATIONS: Most events are held at Moorabbin Airport. Select your preferred location from the dropdown, for other than Moorabbin we will contact you to discuss logistics, local contacts, etc.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS:
- In order to plan and setup your event you must enter the total number of anticipated participants by classification (e.g, Cubs, Scouts, leaders, carers, etc), You may enter additional classifications within the same booking request by clicking on the BUY MORE TICKETS.
- Events at Moorabbin Airport are normally limited to a maximum of 18 youth participants per session due to venue limitations. An option is available for an additional 12 youth participants in a separate group or an additional group of 18 as a later session.
- If part of the activity includes Award Scheme (i.e. Scout Target Badge or Cub Level 2) presentations, separate sessions are required for each Level. No more than two badge levels can be conducted on a day.
- Leaders, parents and carers may also fly or attend as observers.
- For larger groups, select the sections, you want and add a comment against the section.
- Groups will need to register one leader / adult helper as a ground crew member for each 15 to 18 participants.
COST & PAYMENT:
- From 2018 the cost of Air Activity Days at Moorabbin increased to $60 per flying participant.
- For events including Cub Level 2 or Scout Target Badge activities and an additional fee of $6.50 is charged for badge, certificates and materials.
- For the Venturer Award Theory there is a fee of $35 to cover materials, there is no flying on the theory day.
- For events at locations other than Moorabbin there will be an additional charge of approxiimately $10 per participant for each 150 km from Moorabbin to cover the cost of ferrying aircraft
- No payment is required at this time. Payment is usually made at the time of registering individual participants or by agreement on the day of the event.
For safety and comfort of passengers, events may be cancelled due to unsuitable weather.
16 Northern Avenue
Mentone, Victoria 3194
OTHER OPTIONS: If you are looking for an event at a time, place or other format that is not listed, contact us.
CONTACT DETAILS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your browser must allow 'pop-ups' to complete the booking. If you do not get a 'please wait' window after clicking on Buy Now check the 'block pop-ups' settings.
You should receive a confirmation / ticket from TryBookings shortly after making your booking request. If you do not, after checking your spam folder, please contact email@example.com .
Within a week an event should be created based on your booking request and you will then receive an advice email and instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not, please check your spam folder, and then contact us. There have been a number of issues in recent times especially with gmail users not receiving emails.