UTS Fencing is one of the most successful and competitive fencing clubs in Oceania. It is the home to current and past Australian National Representatives, Commonwealth, National and State Champions and many more NSW representatives. All three Olympic fencing weapons (foil, epee and sabre) are practised at the club.
2021 UTS MEMBERSHIP/VISITOR FEE
2021 Membership / Visitor fee is applicable to all fencers training at UTS Fencing Club, and covers the period of January 2021 - December 2021. By joining as a UTS Fencing Club as a member or a visitor, you are agreeing to respect and adhere to the values and principles of the ActivateUTS and the University of Technology Sydney. Members and visitors must also abide by the club's Code of Behaviour** in regard to their conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by UTS Fencing Club and in their role as a player/participant in any activity held by or under the auspices of the UTS Fencing Club. All participants of UTS Fencing Club's training must adhere to the Club's Return to training: Covid-19 Safety Requirements.
*2021 UTS Public Member: $260
*#2021 UTS Student Member: $60 (applied to current UTS student)
*2021 UTS Staff / Alumni Member: $70 (must be a current UTS staff / UTS Alumni )
*2021 UTS Veteran (Public) Member: $200 (aged 50 or over as of 1st January 2021)
*2021 UTS Junior Member: $130 (aged 14 or under as of 1st January 2021)
2021 UTS Visitor Fee: $280
*Conditions of membership: A UTS Fencing Club member must affiliate or register with the relevant state fencing association as a UTSFC member when completing/entering in state or national competitions, and be available to complete as a part of the UTS Team in club team events where applicable. Members must also attend club team training as required by the relevant UTS club team captain.
#Conditions of membership: A current enrolment in a UTS award course is a eligibility requirement for this category of membership. A UTS student member must be available to compete as a member of the UTS Fencing Team for the Australian University Games .
** Code of Behaviour
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of fellow players, coaches, officials and spectators.
- Do not tolerate acts of aggression.
- Respect the talent, potential and development of fellow players and competitors.
- Care for and respect the equipment provided for your use.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner relating to language, temper and punctuality.
- Maintain high personal behaviour standards at all times.
- Abide by the club rules and respect the decisions of the club executive.
- Be honest in your attitude and preparation to training. Work equally hard for yourself and your club.
- Cooperate with coaches and staff in development of programs to adequately prepare you for competition at the highest level.
- Wear correct protective attire at all times when bouting. Any pants worn during bouts must reach below the knee.
Follow us on instagram @utsfencing