How to be an Efficient Writer
opens Thursday 24th June 2021 - 2pm (AEDT)
Do you struggle with the amount of time it takes to write? When writing about science it is easy to drift off from your key topic when researching, planning and writing. Dr Marina Hurley shows you how to stay on track and be more efficient at each stage of the writing process. Irrespective of your topic, background, level of writing experience or document type, you can implement these steps to work on your first draft or reword a current draft.
Learn how to
- Get your thoughts down quickly and manage your time effectively
- Understand the writing process and how to avoid the key behaviours leading to inefficient writing
- Focus and develop your core topic outline in your first draft
- Effectively manage your writing project and monitor your productivity
- Produce a content-rich first draft of a new document by the end of the course
What you take away
- Improved writing and project management skills
- A tailored plan to help you manage your writing time
- A first draft outline of a new document (your choice of topic)
- The How to be an Efficient Writer worksheets, exercises and checklists
- A workshop participation certificate
- Bonus private online tutorial group
- Additional training resources
- Four modules: 1 module delivered per week for four weeks (est. time 2 hrs / week)
- Each module contains 3-4 lessons plus additional training resources
- Each lesson includes 1 lecture video (average length 15 mins.) plus worksheets and exercises
- Complete at your own pace (12 month access to the course)
- $395 (incl. gst.) minus 10% earlybird discount (expires 10th June).
- Contact us for additional group discount code (3 or more bookings)
- Credit Card - Click the 'Book Now' button above
- If you require an invoice for your institution to process, or you wish to pay by cheque or direct bank transfer - please Download the registration form and email it to email@example.com. You will shortly receive your booking notification and invoice (incl. bank account details).
About the presenter
Since 2005, Dr Marina Hurley has specialised in teaching scientific and professional writing through her Writing Clear Science training consultancy. Prior to 2005, Marina worked as an ecological scientist for 20 years. Marina is Visiting Fellow at UNSW teaching PhD students. Based in Melbourne, Marina regularly travels across Australia delivering workshops. au.linkedin.com/in/marinahurley/
More Information: Download the brochure, the course outline or visit www.writingclearscience.com.au. To help you prepare for the workshop, read Marina Hurley's blog so that you can familiarise yourself with her teaching approach.
Contact Details: Dr Marina Hurley +61416 097-979, firstname.lastname@example.org
-‘An excellent workshop. I gained a lot of valuable information. The course was presented well by an enthusiastic trainer with outstanding knowledge of the topics.’ -‘Excellent balance of practical and theory. The workshop was run at a good pace and flowed well. ’ -‘Thank you for the brilliant writing course. …I am looking forward to practicing the writing skills I gained during the workshop.’
Who can attend
Non-fiction professional writers