Acute Cardiovascular Emergencies Course (A.C.E)
Program at a Glance
ACE utilises a blended learning approach to maximise the opportunity for hands-on practice of clinical skills and to explore clinical decision making in immersive simulation scenarios.
Topics included in the course are:
• Vascular access and line insertion
• CPR, defibrillation and advanced cardiac life support
• External pacing
As well as the technical knowledge and skills required to manage complex cardiac events, ACE emphasises the importance of teamwork skills, such as leadership and effective communication, which are known to contribute to improved patient safety.
Who can attend?
ACE is an interprofessional course, developed for:
- Medical staff during ED/ICU/anaesthetic rotations
- Medical registrars attending MET calls
- Registered nurses working in ED/ICU/anaesthetic areas
- Registered nurses working in cardiology
ACE commences at 8.00am and concludes at 4.00pm. To allow the course to run to time, registrants are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the course start time.
823-865 Centre Road,
Bentleigh East VIC 3165
Phone: 03 9928 8314