Central Coast Picnic Train
FRIDAY, 26 November 2021
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to travel on The Picnic Train on ‘The Short North’ as we head for Sydney for our Kiama Picnic Trains. Travel behind Baldwin steam locomotive 5917 on our transfer train from Maitland or Broadmeadow to Gosford or Woy Woy ONE WAY
Our transfer train will depart from Maitland heading along the Hunter Valley coal lines to our second pick up stop at Broadmeadow. We will then head along the 'Short North' between Broadmeadow and Gosford. This route was one of the last strong-holds for steam engines in the early 1970s — an area where the 59 Class was very prominent. Our first set-down stop is Gosford, shortly followed by Woy Woy. Both of these locations have regular Sydney Trains services returning to the Hunter region (Sydney Trains tickets need to be purchased separately).
Unfortunately we cannot offer passage beyond Woy Woy.
There is strictly limited seating available in open-windowed compartment style carriages.
Condition of travel COVID-19:
- Passengers will be asked to check-in using the QR code provided (if you do not have a smart phone, help will be provided)
- Passengers are asked to wear a face mask when boarding and disembarking
- Passengers are asked to remain in their allocated seats, except for toilet visits
- Passengers are asked to wear face masks for toilet visits and any time while moving around their carriage.
- Passengers are required to follow all instructions from their carriage attendant.
- Other conditions may be implemented and some relaxed on the day depending on current COVID-19 restrictions
Approximate Times (to be confirmed the a week from the tour)
- Maitland - dep 2.45 pm
- Broadmeadow - dep 3.20pm
- Gosford - arr 5.15pm
- Woy Woy - arr 5.15pm
- Adult (one way) - $50.00
- Child (one way) - $30.00
Picking up at Maitland (P3), Broadmeadow (P1)