Hawthorn's Hockey Clinic provides an opportunity for kids aged 10-16 at any skill level to experience hockey in a fun and safe environment. Participants will be involved in a 2 day program where they will have an opportunity to build confidence, independence, self-esteem, fitness as well as learn and improve hockey skills and make friends. The clinic will be run by some of the finest athletes in the Hawthorn's Premier League Men's and Women's squad.
- Date: 14th & 15th December
- Time: 9am-12pm
- Cost: $50
- Location: Hawthorn-Malvern Hockey Centre, 428 Auburn Road Hawthorn
- Please Note: Mouthguards and COVID-19 vaccinations (if applicable) are required. A snack and water bottle is recommended.
Day 1 - Tuesday 14 December, 9:00am - 12 noon
- Welcome back to hockey
- Introduction/reintroduction to essential hockey skills including passing, tackling, dribbling and goal shooting
- Small action packed drills
Day 2 - Wednesday 15 December, 9:00am - 12 noon
- Building on skills from Day 1, as well as learning comprehensive skills such as 3D skills, reverse slap and jinking the ball
- Learning trend of the game and improving hockey awareness and decision making
- Mini and full field games where players have the opportunity to play with and against the coaches from the clinic