PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER
QUICK DRAW TWO HOUR PAINTING COMPETITION
The Quick Draw is a fun, high energy painting and drawing event for all ages and levels of creativity. Artists have two hours to complete their work, which will then be judged and presented for sale to the general public.
From 10am to 12 noon on Monday 26 September, Quick Draw artists will set up their easels and paint en plein air around Mandjar Square, the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Boardwalk and Stingray Point.
This high energy competition is one of the highlights of Plein Air Down Under’s three day festival program. Together, artists and spectators are immersed in the creative process. Smell the wet paint and get caught up in the excitement of watching art come to life before your eyes!
Judging, awards and sales will occur outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre from 12.15pm.
1. Bring your own art supplies, including a BLANK canvas, board or paper. It is acceptable for blank surfaces to have a single coloured background.
2. Sign in and have your blank surface stamped at the Information Marquee, located outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Ormsby Terrace. Quick Draw surfaces can be stamped anytime between 8 am and 9.30am. An artwork label will be supplied as you sign in.
4. Paint and/or draw from 10am – 12 noon and within the designated areas of:
Mandjar Square, outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
- The Boardwalk Precinct, to Tods Cafe
- Stingray Point, to the old Moreton Bay Fig Tree