The Quick Draw is a fun, high energy painting and drawing event for all ages and levels of creativity. Artists have two hours to complete their work, which will then be judged and presented for sale to the general public.
From 10am to 12 noon on Monday 26 September, Quick Draw artists will set up their easels and paint en plein air around Mandjar Square, the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Boardwalk and Stingray Point.
This high energy competition is one of the highlights of Plein Air Down Under’s three day festival program. Together, artists and spectators are immersed in the creative process. Smell the wet paint and get caught up in the excitement of watching art come to life before your eyes!
Judging, awards and sales will occur outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre from 12.15pm.
Open to all artists
Free to enter for Plein Air Down Under registered artists
$20 registration for the Two Hour Quick Draw
$10 aged 18 and under
Important Times on 26 September:
8.00 am – 9.30am: Board stamping and sign in, Keith Holmes Reserve
10am to 12 noon: Competition painting time
12 noon: Brushes down!
12.15pm onwards: Judging, Awards and Sales occur outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre located at 9 Ormsby Terrace, Mandurah
PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER QUICK DRAW, MONDAY 26 SEPTEMBER. COMPETITION RULES
1. Bring your own art supplies, including a BLANK canvas, board or paper. It is acceptable for blank surfaces to have a single coloured background.
2. Sign in and have your blank surface stamped at the Information Marquee, located outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Ormsby Terrace. Quick Draw surfaces can be stamped anytime between 8 am and 9.30am. An artwork label will be supplied as you sign in.
3. Registration Entry Fee is $20 for over 18, and $10 for artists aged 18 and under. Pre-register online or at the Information Marquee between 8am and 9.30am on Monday 26 September.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered to paint at Plein Air Down Under, you are automatically registered and there is no fee to pay, however you will still need to sign in and have your blank surface stamped.
4. Paint and/or draw from 10am – 12 noon and within the designated areas of:
5. Tools down at 12 noon sharp. Set your easel up and display your artwork in the designated area outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre by 12.15 pm, ready for judging, exhibition and sales. Framing is suggested to enhance presentation, but is not compulsory. Complete your artwork label with your name, the title of your painting and price. If your work is not for sale, write NFS.
6. If someone wants to buy your artwork you may deal with the purchaser direct or utilise the festival’s sales team. A 25% commission is payable to Plein Air Down Under to support the continuation of this event. Please ensure this commission is included in your price and advise the organisers of your sale.
7. All artwork and easels can be removed from 1.30pm.
8. All Quick Draw winners are invited to exhibit their paintings inside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre as part of the Plein Air Down Under Festival Weekend Exhibition, ending on 9 October.
9. Quick Draw artists are only eligible for the Quick Draw Awards, valued in excess of $2,000.