Canberräng is Canberra’s festival of swing and one of Australia’s longest running and best-loved swing dance exchanges. In 2022 we are back after a couple of years in isolation, so join us from 4-7 August.
With five events powered by incredible live bands and some top swing DJs, Canberräng this year is set to be an epic comeback for swing exchanges around the Country.
Featuring headline acts, the sublime jazz vocalist Hetty Kate (France), Liam Budge & his band with some of the best muso's Canberra offers, (Liam Budge previously New York) and someone who needs no introduction, Andrew Dickeson Blue Rhythm Band (Sydney). Don’t miss what is sure to be three days of unforgettable live music and social dancing!
We will be dancing at five great Canberra venues including:
- Griffith Neighbourhood Centre, Griffith - Thursday Night
- O'Donnell Youth Centre, Turner - Friday Night
- Lake George Winery, Lake George - Saturday Afternoon
- Folk Dance Hall, Hackett - Saturday Night
- Queenies Bar, Kingston - Sunday Afternoon
Pass and Ticket Pricing
Entry to all events during Canberräng:
- Canberräng Pass: $185
- Canberräng Pass with T-Shirt price: $215
Individual event tickets:
- Thursday night - DJ - Griffith Community Centre: $20
- Friday night - Live Band - at O'Donnell Youth Centre: $50
- Saturday afternoon - Live Band - Lake George Winery: $45
- Saturday night - Live Band: $55
- Sunday afternoon - Live Band - Queenies Bar Kingston: $45
- T-Shirts on their own - $35 (or $30 with a pass)
- Bus ticket for the Winery (not included in any other pass or ticket type): $18
Up until 18 July: full refund, minus $30 processing fee
After 25 July: no refunds can be given
Covid: Proof of recent Covid Positive Test (RAT or PCR): full refund less booking fees $. You can also transfer your pass to someone else if you get Covid. email email@example.com to notify us. If we don't get a notification of Covid and proof, or email to transfer your pass we will assume no attendance and no refund.
Long distance discount. If you wish to receive a long distance discount of $40 (for dancers from WA, NT, TAS or overseas) at the time of registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible with the discount code to use in TryBooking. This will enable you to pay the discounted amount when you register.
Parent Pass. For dancers with families, we offer a Parent Pass. This allows a couple with children who cannot attend events together as a couple to alternate usage of a Canberräng Pass for events over the weekend. This is approved on a case-by-case basis, so please email email@example.com if you wish to utilise a Canberräng Pass as a Parent Pass. This pass is not to be used by anyone without children. This pass cannot be used by both parents at the same time.
Volunteering. Did you know that Canberräng is run entirely by volunteers? See the volunteer page on our website for the rebate being offered. Canberräng 2022 is fortunate to be able financially recognise volunteers who go above and beyond by providing a post-event rebate on the Canberräng Pass. It’s our way of saying thanks for helping us that extra bit!
- Key volunteer: More than 2 hours during Canberräng - $30
- Support volunteer: 1-2 hours during Canberräng - $0 (but you will still get good karma plus our eternal gratitude)
Code of Conduct
By attending our event you are agreeing to the Canberräng Code of Conduct. See the website for more information.
- Proudly brought to you by Jumptown Swing! -