Kimbriki Small Scale Edible Gardens Workshop
Have you ever wanted to grow your own food but feel you can’t as you don’t have the garden space to do it? Then this practical and informative workshop is just for you.
Small Space Edible Gardening can be fun, productive, benefit your mental health, physical health and reduce reliance on packaging. If you have a balcony, courtyard or small urban block, there are many creative ways which you can use to maximise your space and grow healthy edible food. With some clever observation of your own small garden space, and using the SPACEMAX tips and tricks, you will amaze yourself at what beautiful organic food can be home grown.
Join our ecologists at our upcoming Small Scale Edible Gardening Workshop - perfect for those wanting to learn about growing food in small spaces that caters for all levels of knowledge.
What will participants learn and what skills will be gained?
- Shade Mapping your small space
- Pots - the good, the bad and the ugly
- Aerial gardening- growing food in hanging baskets and wall gardens
- Corners - making use of microclimates
- Edible plants- what are the best ones to grow?
- Microgreens – how to grow them and their benefits to your health
- Aquaponics Vs Hydroponics - what’s the difference?
- X-Factor- tips and tricks for making your plants sing
Date & Time
Saturday 6th April 2024 Time: 10am to 2pm
The Beach School, 10 Malinya Road, Allambie Heights 2100.