Royal Academy of Dance QLD Members - AGM 2023
This is a great opportunity to meet the National Director and QLD team in person, network with other RAD members, hear about the Royal Academy of Dance activity in QLD, and enjoy a light morning tea.
Attend in person or via Zoom - RSVP now and before Wednesday 8 February 2023.
Seeking New Members of the QLD Advisory Panel
Next year, there will be five (5) vacancies on the QLD Advisory Panel. We really look forward to welcoming new members and we hope you will consider joining.
What some panel members say,
- It opened up a community of like-minded teachers who I now count as friends.
- Having this network of fellow ballet teachers and studio owners means there’s always a team of people to ask for advice on everything from business operations to teaching strategies.
- It's a great feeling to be able to give back.
- Being involved with and helping at panel events not only brings a sense of community with other RAD teachers but is also a great way to advocate for student opportunities in Queensland.
- The relationships you make, the connectedness and the community you gain from it, make being a panel member worth it.
Being on the panel is a great way to meet other RAD members, be part of a supportive community, and contribute to the success of the RAD in QLD. Panel members provide advice and support to the RAD staff in relation to student activity, opportunities and events throughout the year.
Panel members attend 8 meetings over the year (can attend via Zoom if need), and also volunteer at locally based RAD events and activities that run throughout the year, where they can. Being on the Panel is extremely rewarding, and we encourage eligible members to consider joining...
How to Join
Members who are current RAD Registered Teachers or RAD Member Plus and over 18 years of age can be nominated to join the QLD Advisory Panel. If there are more nominations than there are vacancies, then members will vote for their incoming Panel member(s) electronically prior to the AGM (or at the AGM if they haven't done so already) and the elected members will be announced at the AGM. If we receive the same number of nominations as vacancies (or less), then everyone who is nominated can be accepted. There are currently five (5) vacancies for 2023.
- The nominee must be a financial member of the RAD (please note, membership lapses on 1 Dec, so please renew if you haven't already)
- The nominee must be a RAD RTS or RAD Member Plus and be over 18 years of age, and cannot self nominate.
- The nomination must be made and seconded by another financial member of the RAD
Nominations are due by Wednesday 18 January 2023. If you have questions, you can find more information on the website here or please email me.
Attend the AGM
RAD members can attend the AGM in person or via Zoom (especially for those members who are further away or unable to attend in person we'd love to see you there on Zoom).
Tickets are free, for those attending in person a light morning tea is provided with an opportunity to network and chat with other members and the RAD Australia, National Director and QLD team, following the formal proceedings.
Please note, there are a limited number of tickets available to attend in person, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
RSVP Now - Click the yellow Book Now button on the top right hand side of the page.