Rocketing Girls Into Robotics!
Project Bucephalus is proud to present 'Rocketing Girls Into Robotics': an after-school robotics workshop for female students of the Illawarra!
Since 2011, Project Bucephalus has run workshops designed to encourage children’s interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM). 'Rocketing Girls Into Robotics' is an extension of this teaching program, supported in the past by:
- The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- The Rotary Club of Corrimal
- FIRST Equity and Access Grant
In 2022, the program will continue thanks to the generous support of Propel Technologies - a local firm supporting local kids!
Any female student is welcome to apply to the program, but the priority in 2022 is being given to new female students ages 8-16 from an indigenous, reugee or low SES background. Students must apply to be considered to attend the program, which will cater to all skill levels and supply all equipment.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- The program is open to female students in the Illawarra aged 8 -16 in 2022.
- Priority is given to students from indigenous, reugee or low SES backgrounds.
- Ideally, students should be nominated by their school. However, individual applications will also be considered.
- Applications can be made by clicking on the 'Book Now' button on this page.
- Students will be notified if their application is successful.
Visit our Learn Robotics page for further details of the workshops.
Project Bucephalus is a COVID-safe organisation, and will be enacting several precautions based on Government recommendations.
- Unless they are a paying student or official assigned helper, parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the classroom. Drop-off and pick-up will happen at the building entry.
- Attendees must register their presence on the TAFE NSW app. Access will be provided on check-in.
- Students will sanitise hands on entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will be sent home.
- Social distancing will be maintained in classes.
- Robots and computers will be wiped down before and after use.
Given the dynamic nature of the COVID pandemic, restrictions may change at short notice. Changes will be communicated to students via email.
Class time: Friday afternoons, 3:45 - 6:00pm
|Term 1||Term 2|
|First Class:||18th Feb||6th May|
|Last Class:||8th Apr||24th June|
TAFE Campus North Wollongong
Building X, North Wollongong NSW 2500