Master Class (TAFE)
NOTE: No Class on 24th May due to International Robotics Competition
Robo Club is an after-school robotics workshop for students. The Project Bucephalus robotics teams have been running classes for adults and children since 2011. We offer an exciting program that builds interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in unique ways, with many former students moving on to become mentors themselves!
Project Bucephalus team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
To adhere to directives from NSW Health and the Department of Education there are several requirements that must be met by anyone attending our classes:
- On entry, attendees must register via QR Code, sanitise hands, and have their temperature taken.
- Anyone aged 12+ must wear a mask unless we are informed of an exemption.
- Anyone aged under 16 can attend without being fully vaccinated.
- Anyone aged 16+ can only enter the workshop if they are fully vaccinated.
- Anyone unwell should not attend.
Given the dynamic nature of the COVID pandemic, additional restrictions may apply. These will be communicated to students via email.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own LEGO® robotics kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.
- Students can apply Creative Kids vouchers to this class. The option will be made available during registration.
Please note that registrations can also be made by getting in touch through the Contact Us page on our website - use this method if you have special requirements or any questions about the event.
Tuesday evenings, 6:45 - 8:45 pm
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|First Class:||98h Feb||3rd May||26th Jul||11th Oct|
|Last Class:||5th Apr||28th Jun||20th Sep||6th Dec|
The Master class is open to high-school students or older (including TAFE/University students)
TAFE Campus North Wollongong
Building X, North Wollongong NSW 2500