Robo Club (Cedars)
Robo Club is an after-school robotics workshop for students. The Project Bucephalus robotics teams have been running classes for adults and children since 2011. We offer an exciting program that builds interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in unique ways, with many former students moving on to become mentors themselves!
Project Bucephalus team members and coaches teach their students how to design, build, and program their own robots. The team will pass on their skills in teamwork, lateral thinking, and having FUN!
The Robo Club curriculum contains lessons and games designed to develop robotics, engineering, and programming skills. Catering to both beginner and advanced students, activities are mixed between single-week challenges and multi-week projects. The occasional competition is thrown in for good measure (Robot Sumo is a favourite!).
Project Bucephalus is a COVID-safe organisation, and will be enacting several precautions based on Government recommendations.
- Unless they are a paying student or official assigned helper, parents/guardians will not be allowed to enter the classroom. Drop-off and pick-up will happen via the carpark.
- Students will sanitise hands on entry. Anyone displaying symptoms will be sent home.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required (particularly for those aged under 12)
- Robots and computers will be wiped down before and after use.
Given the dynamic nature of the COVID pandemic, additional restrictions may apply. These will be communicated to students via email.
Spaces are limited, and registration is essential.
- Prospective students and parents are welcome to visit and ask questions (please give advance notice!)
- Students do NOT have to be part of the host school in order to attend.
- Substantial discounts are available to students providing their own MINDSTORMS® kit and laptop.
- Students pay by the school term (in advance). Alternate payment arrangement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- New students sign up for a (paid) “trial period” of three weeks duration before deciding if they wish to continue.
- Students can apply Creative Kids vouchers to this class. The option will be made available during registration.
Please note that registrations can also be made by getting in touch through the Contact Us page on our website - use this method if you have special requirements or any questions about the event.
Friday evenings, 3:45 - 5:45 pm
|Term 1||Term 2||Term 3||Term 4|
|First Class:||12th Feb||30th Apr||23rd Jul||15th Oct|
|Last Class:||26th Mar||25th Jun||17th Sep||10th Dec|
The Cedars class is open to students aged 7+.
Cedars Christian College
Waples Rd, Farmborough Heights NSW 2526