Kimbriki Self-watering (wicking) Garden Beds Workshop
An exciting workshop on building and managing a wicking bed - a self-watering garden.
- Exciting idea for city food gardening
- What is a wicking bed?
- Gardens with a water tank at the base
- Designed so the water ‘wicks upwards’ into the soil, like a candle wick
- These gardens are self-watering - great when you are not home
- Commercial wicking beds are available on the market, however at this workshop you will learn how to make your own
Come to Kimbriki to learn the secrets of wicking bed design and management.
See examples of different types of wicking beds in the Eco Garden.
See how to build a small wicking bed on the day, including planting it up with some vegies.
This is one of the most exciting and useful gardening workshops we have ever put on at Kimbriki Eco House & Garden.
Kimbriki Eco House & Garden Education Centre
Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre, Kimbriki Road (off Mona Vale Road), Ingleside NSW 2084
Access by vehicle only – as there is no pedestrian access to Kimbriki please arrange to arrive by vehicle. All vehicles must enter and exit Kimbriki via the Weighbridges. On entry, stop to advise the Operator before proceeding to the Eco House car park.