Playful and purposeful approaches to childhood anxiety
- Learn about anxiety in preschool and primary aged children
- Learn about key approaches for therapy
- Learn how to adapt therapy for different age groups
- Learn how to adapt therapy for children with developmental difficulties, including Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learn how to work effectively with anxious children and their families
- Gain practical skills in assessing and treating anxiety
- Learn about 30 new creative activities that you can use with children and families - NONE of these are in our book Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Big Feelings or covered in our other workshop (most are covered in our new book Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Anxiety).
This workshop is for therapists who work with children and families. This includes psychologists, provisional psychologists, social workers, counsellors, occupational therapists, speech therapists and other mental health clinicians. The workshop is suitable for both less and more experienced therapists. Therapists who have previously enjoyed our Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions Workshop will enjoy attending this one too.
2022 workshops: Early bird $325+GST (ends 1 month prior); Standard $365+GST
- A copy of our NEW BOOK, 'Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Anxiety: Ideas and Activities for working Therapeutically with Worried Children and Their Families' by Dr Fiona Zandt and Dr Suzanne Barrett (rrp $52.99, published 2021).
- Workshop slides and handouts.
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea provided. (Please note that we are unable to accomodate special dietary requirements for bookings make within a week of the workshop date)
Special Offer - Sydney/Melbourne Double Deal:
Register for this workshop and our 'Creative Ways to Help Children Manage Emotions' workshop for a discounted price of $635+GST. Choose the Double Deal ticket. Details about the emotions workshop can be found at https://childpsychologyworkshops.com.au/creative-ways-to-help-children-manage-emotions/ In Melbourne on 24th March and Sydney 11th May.
We offer a group discount of 5% off for groups of five or more participants booking in the one transaction.
DATE: 21ST October 2022 VENUE: Arkaba Hotel, 150 Glen Osmond Rd, Fullarton
DATE: 12TH May 2023 VENUE: Vibe Hotel Sydney, 111 Goulburn St, Sydney
DATE: 7TH June 2023 VENUE: The Treacy Centre, 126 The Avenue, Parkville
If the location or date you'd like is fully booked, please email us and we'll put you on our wait list.
Dr Suzanne Barrett and Dr Fiona Zandt are both Clinical Psychologists who work exclusively with children, adolescents, and families. They have over 35 years combined experience working in a range of settings, including CAMHS and private practice, with children with a broad range of psychological problems. They are authors of the book, 'Creative Ways to Help Children Manage BIG Feelings: A Therapist's Guide to Working with Preschool and Primary Children' published in 2017 by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Their approach fits within a CBT framework, modified to be developmentally appropriate for children, with a systemic family focus and a playful context. They also incorporate elements of narrative therapy and ACT.
Registered participants who are unable to attend and notify us of this in writing prior to 14 days before the workshop may either:
(1) cancel their registration and receive a refund of their payment minus a $25 administration fee per participant;
(2) transfer their registration to another participant (no fee);
(3) transfer their registration to another workshop of equal value within 18 months (no fee).
No refunds will be provided for cancellations made within 14 days of the workshop. Registered participants who cannot attend and notify us of this prior to the workshop but within 14 days of the workshop may either:
(1) transfer their registration to another participant (no fee);
(2) be provided with a 50% discount to a future workshop of equal value within 18 months.
The choice of a refund or a transfer will be provided if border restrictions prevent travel to the workshop provided we are notified within a day of these circumstances. Similarly, if the workshop is unable to go ahead due to Covid 19 options of refunds or transfers will be offered.
The workshop facilitators reserve the right to reschedule the workshop in the unlikely event of insufficient registrations.
For further information about our workshops and the presenters please visit our website https://childpsychologyworkshops.com.au/playful-practical-and-purposeful-approaches-to-childhood-anxiety/.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0423 736 777.