Shape Your Ideal Author Career - Short Course
A course for aspiring authors who want to stop feeling overwhelmed by the publishing industry and map the most efficient route to their publication dreams.
This workshop will transform the way you approach your author career, whether you are still writing that first manuscript or are published and want help to plan a viable career.
Do these sound familiar?
- Feeling overwhelmed by all the things you're supposed to do to succeed and all of the conflicting information out there.
- Doubting you'll ever have what it takes to make it in this industry.
- Not knowing what information is relevant to you at which stage of your career.
- Lacking confidence to put your work out there. Then you’re not alone.
I have walked in your shoes and understand what you’re going through, and I’m going to share the things I’ve learnt during a decade-long journey of trial, error and scraped knees.
Go from wishing for publication, to having a practical plan to achieve it.
This workshop will give you the skills to:
- Demystify the publishing process, terminology and concepts.
- Clarify what you really want from an author career.
- Show you how to embrace the resilience mindset.
- Appreciate the pros and cons of various publication pathways.
- Develop a personalised author career plan.
This workshop suits all fiction writers from absolute beginners to published authors, who want to understand the publishing industry and figure out the most efficient route to their publication dreams.
Hours of Commitment
5 - 10 hours
Sandy Vaile is a motorbike-riding daredevil who isn’t content with a story unless there’s a courageous heroine and a dead body. She writes romantic-suspense for Simon & Schuster US and empowers modern writers to produce commercial quality fiction. Sandy is an experienced course presenter with a decade of experience in the industry. She prides herself on providing a nurturing learning environment that enables participants to truly absorb the material and apply it to their own work. In her spare time, Sandy composes procedures for high-risk industrial processes, judges competitions, runs The Fearless Novelist Facebook group, and offers mentoring and critiquing services. www.fearlessprose.com
Course Dates: 4th October - 31st October 2021
Cost: RWA-Member – $55.00 Non RWA-Member – $66.00
* Please note, there is a $0.50 Trybooking fee at checkout.
Venue: Online - RWA Moodle Platform
(Course attendees will be notified of access/login details via email from the RWA Academy Registrar a few days prior to the start date of the course)
RWA Academy Courses PO Box Q740 Queen Victoria Building NSW 1230
Contact Details: Claudine Tinellis RWA Academy Registrar firstname.lastname@example.org