This 1-day workshop is designed specifically for teachers looking to expand their knowledge, understanding, skills, and confidence when it comes to teaching creative writing. The session is full of practical tips, useful classroom strategies, and assessment suggestions for creative writing tasks (and their rubrics).
Suitable for: Teachers of Stage 2 – 6
Completing the Creating Fearless Writers course will contribute 6 hours of PD addressing Standards 2.1.2, 2.5.2, 3.1.2, 3.3.2, 5.2.2 of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
This course is designed to:
- inform teachers about best practice research regarding student writing
- show teachers how to inspire students to write, extending both student confidence and mastery
- help teachers organise and sequence lessons into effective teaching programs
- show teachers a range of strategies they can employ immediately to get students writing often and without fear
- build teacher confidence so that they feel inspired and competent in employing these strategies in their own classrooms and schools
- demonstrate the link between explicit, challenging, and achievable learning goals and student engagement, behaviour, and outcomes
- show teachers how to provide timely, effective, and appropriate feedback to students about their writing in ways that enhance student agency
Cavanbah Room, Byron Community Centre
69 Jonson St, Byron Bay