The ACA – NSW/ACT presents the third in their series on the NSW D&BP Act. Part 3 features Paul Viney discussing the consequences of the Act in relation to regulated design requirements on the provision of architectural services. Originally held 3 June 2021.
Paul Viney, ACA VIC/TAS Branch President, will present information regarding the following:
- Consequences of the Design and Building Practitioners Act, with regards to Regulated Design Requirements on the provision of Architectural Services.
- How to use the ACA Time Cost Calculator to estimate fees based on these requirements.
- Why it is important to understand the contract you are signing and valuing risk.
Paul Viney is National Secretary of the ACA Australia and President of the ACA – VIC/TAS branch. Paul has led the development of a range of tools for the use of ACA members nationwide, such as the Time Cost Calculator Guide, Salary Calculator and Resource Sharing System to assist members in running effective, efficient and profitable practices. As President of the VIC/TAS Committee, he is committed to facilitating stronger relationships with the government and other key organisations in the construction industry; and working collaboratively with bodies such as the Australian Institute of Architects and ArchiTeam to achieve the best outcome for the profession. Paul has a special interest in the social conscience of architecture. Paul is also a Director of FPPV Architecture (Melbourne), a Director of JAI Architecture (Thailand) and Director of Coop Himmelb(l)au (Australia).
Non Members $45
*One ticket per person
Completion of this seminar will deliver 1 formal CPD point.
Learning Outcomes: After completing this webinar participants will have a better understanding of –
- Obligations of architects under the new Act.
- Methods of calculating fees in relation to obligations.
- The importance of understanding the contract they are signing, valuing risk and not signing away their rights.
AACA Competencies: 9 Practice Management - 9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice, practice management and registration as an architect.
Once you have made your booking you will receive the recording registration link to view the seminar, along wtih presentation slides and CPD questions. A link will be provided with CPD questions to submit your own responses to questions, view answers and for issue of a certificate of completion. Please keep your receipt, a copy of completed questions and certificate for your records.
Please contact Marie Frost at firstname.lastname@example.org with any enquiries.