Develop advanced skills in motivational interviewing to supercharge your alcohol and other drug practice
Join one of Australia’s most experienced alcohol and other drug trainers in this two-day motivational interviewing masterclass for practitioners who want to advance their motivational interviewing skills. You will take your motivational interviewing skills to the next level by using self-reflection and practice to understand and apply advanced strategies in assessment, intervention and responding to therapeutic challenges within a motivational framework.
- Understand the ins and outs of motivational interviewing
- Understand what drives, and how to better respond to, client ambivalence
- Apply a comprehensive model of change that integrates client values
- Develop advanced motivational listening and questioning skills, high-level skills in eliciting change
- Understand and effectively respond to therapeutic relationship difficulties
Who should attend:
This is an advanced skills workshop suitable for experienced and advanced practitioners. We recommend you do our How and why of MI workshop before attending this workshop.
Facilitators: Paula Ross
Quotes from previous attendees:
'There were very meaningful discussions and good examples used, which has given me a better understanding as to how I implement motivational interviewing in my role.'
Wednesday 24 August 2022 9:00 AM - Thursday 25 August 2022 4:30 PM (UTC+11)
Online event access details will be provided by the event organiser