UWA Conservatorium of Music - Auditions for 2023 Entry
Applicants looking to complete the Bachelor of Music, either Western Art Music (WAM) or Creative Music Technology (CMT); or a major in Music General Studies or Music Studies at the University of Western Australia, must pass an audition (in addition to fulfilling the standard University entrance requirements).
Domestic applicants apply to UWA via TISC and book an audition here.
International students should apply to UWA via https://www.uwa.edu.au/study/how-to-apply and submit a DVD recording; email the Music office for more information.
The Conservatorium of Music audition days are
- Sunday 11 September 2022
- Monday 21 November 2022
- Ad-hoc auditions are also available (for an additional fee).
The required standard is equivalent to:
Bachelor of Music (WAM) OR Music Studies Major
- AMEB1 Grade 7 for performance (or equivalent)2
- A theory background comparable to West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) Music 3A/3B is required /AMEB Grade 5 theory (or equivalent)3
Music General Studies Major
- AMEB1 Grade 5 for performance
- No theory required
Bachelor of Music (WAM) OR Music Studies Major OR Music General Studies Major
- Applicants for composition are required to audition on their chosen instrument or voice.
- A slightly lower standard of performance is acceptable.
- In addition, composition applicants will submit a portfolio (in advance of the audition) and have an interview with the Head of Orchestral Composition at audition.
Bachelor of Music (CMT)
- AMEB1 Grade 4 Performance
- Background in music theory
- Instrumental candidates will book an audition | Pre-recorded auditions to be submitted electronically
- In addition, CMT applicants will provide a portfolio including three tracks or compositions, prior to the audition day.
- Interviews with the Head of Creative Music Technology will be conducted on the scheduled audition day if auditioning live, or by scheduling a time via the Music office.
1 Applicants are not required to have completed these exams, but must be able to demonstrate a comparable standard of performance in their audition
2 AMEB Grade 5 Practical = approx. ABRSM/TCL Grade 6 | AMEB Grade 7 Practical = approx ABRSM/TCL Grade 8
3 Please note that students are not required to have undertaken ATAR/WACE Music in order to study music at UWA
Further information about preparing for your audition and additional details about the application process can be found HERE.
UWA Conservatorium of Music
35 Stirling Highway, CRAWLEY Western Australia 6009