Pre Enrolment Requirements
AboutChildren in Year 3 and above (aged 8 years and over) who are already baptised are eligible to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in our Parish. At Baptism your child began a life-long journey and a way of life. At Confirmation, the graces received in Baptism are sealed with the reception of the seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit. This sacrament enables your child to better participate in the worshipping and apostolic life of the Church.
You will need the following before making your online enrolment:
- The name of the child making their Confirmation. Enter your child's name in the Candidate's First Name and Candidate's Last Name online section: not your name. Ensure your child's name is spelt correctly and as you want it to appear on their Confirmation certificate. Confirmation certificates are produced using the information you have provided. Therefore, it is important to ensure all of your data entry is correct. When booking in, please book 1 ticket only per child making their Confirmation. If you have more than one child making their Confirmation, book each child individually
- A copy of your child's baptism certificate. If your child was baptised anywhere else other than Corpus Christi, St Ives, then a copy of the Baptism certificate is required to be supplied. Please email a copy of this baptism certificate to Gerri Hadwen at email@example.com prior to the Parent Information Evening. Registration cannot be confirmed without a baptismal certificate.
- Have the postal address of the parish where your child was baptised. This is a very important piece of information. Catholic Church canon law requires that we send a letter confirming that your child has made their Confirmation to the church where your child was baptised. Please ensure that you fill in all of the fields properly when booking online. This may seem tedious but it is necessary.
- Start thinking about a Confirmation name with your child. Each child needs to read about and select a Catholic saint. It is a lovely opportunity to learn about the saints and to find a saint who the child can connect with and be a Saintly Guide on their sacramental journey. This information will be collected in week 2 of the programme.
- Start thinking about a Sponsor for your child. The sponsor must be a Catholic over the age of 16 who has received all their Sacraments. The sponsor may be a Godparent, a relative, or a friend, however someone you trust who will offer on-going spiritual guidance to your child. If your sponsor is elsewhere on the day of Confirmation, a proxy is welcome to stand-in on the sponsor's behalf on the day. This name will be collected week 2 of the programme,
- The participation fee for the Sacrament of Confirmation is $50 per child.
Friday 24th June at 5.30pm
Corpus Christi Church, St Ives
263 Mona Vale Rd, St Ives NSW 2075