Masterclass - Physical Assessment (SOLD OUT)
Physical Assessment of the Palliative Care Patient - post grad level education - $495.00 per person
For experienced nurses to enhance skills, knowledge and competence in the process of conducting a physical assessment for a palliative care patient
For attendees to:
- describe the purpose and process for conducting a systematic approach to physical assessment for a palliative care patient.
- perform an accurate and detailed clinical assessment with a focus on abdominal and respiratory systems.
Content within this masterclass aligns with elements contained in the following:
- NSQHS National Standards 2021
- Palliative Care Australia Standards 2018
- Aged Care Standards 2020
- RACP Standards 2021
- RACGP Standards 2020
The Physical Assessment Masterclass is a face-to-face delivery model requiring practical hands-on assessment of a patient. Please remember to bring your stethoscope.
The Physical Assessment Masterclass is a face-to-face delivery model requiring practical hands-on assessment of a patient.
All COVID safety precautions will be in place. In the event of an increase in COVID cases which necessitates the cancellation or postponement of the Masterclass, all registrants will be fully refunded.
For any enquiries, please contact us either by phone at +61 3 9416 0000 or email at CPCEducation@svha.org.au
Additional COVID information
The CPC Education team is committed to providing a safe face to face learning environment. To adhere to COVID safe guidelines the following applies to all our face to face events until further notice.
- Masks are mandatory and will be provided)
- You must bring your own equipment if specified (eg stethoscope)
- 1.5m distancing must be observed when not undertaking practical tasks – not sure of wording here or should it be when not in the class environment
- Check in via QR code or sign in book is required for all attendees
- Hand hygiene will be made available and must be used
- Please do not shake hands
- Coffee and tea will be provided in sachets and single use cups provided
- Catering is provided and there is an onsite café should you wish to purchase food
- Feel free to bring your own food, we can provide refrigeration but your food must be in a sealed and named container
Please be aware that places at this Masterclass are restricted so please book early.
Certificates with record of CPD hours will be provided.
For more information about the Centre for Palliative Care Education opportunities and to see more events, go to our website www.centreforpallcare.org/education
LocationCaritas Christi Campus
104 Studley Park Rd, KEW VIC 3101
Cancellations policy: The Centre reserves the right to cancel events and issue refunds where events do not reach minimum participants or the event can not be held in accordance with COVID safe requirements. In the event that an attendee cannot attend, a substitute is welcome to attend in their place. No refunds will be given unless 21 days notice is given in writing prior to the date of the planned event. If less than 21 days the fee can be used for the same course at a later stage, or another course of the same value, at the discretion of the Centre.