Long established in 1945, the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) is a not for profit, volunteer run organisation which aims to foster children’s enjoyment of books.
On a national level it organises the annual Children’s Book of the Year Awards which presents awards to books of literary merit, for outstanding contribution to Australian children’s literature and coordinates Children’s Book Week and a biennial National Conference focussing on children’s literature.
At the state level we provide a judge for the awards and work to promote literature and literacy in Queensland. One of our most successful projects is Readers Cup with over 690 teams of young readers taking part each year. We also run the Kaye Throssell Community Projects placing books in areas to assist children in need.
In 2022, the CBCA celebrated over 76 years of enjoying and promoting the best of Australian literature for children and young people. We look forward to another successful year in 2023 with your help.
Membership benefits include
- Information on upcoming events
- Discounts at CBCA functions, and national Conference
- Discount at bookshops
- And most importantly, support for Queensland Branch Initiatives which in 2022 included
- Conducting Queensland wide Regional Cup Competition with over 690 teams competiting
- Book donations to library of Brisbane Youth Education and Training Centre operating at Brisbane Youth Detention Centre at Wacol
- Merchandise and Book donations (260) to Life Without Barriers Travelling Suitcase of Books, who work with children in residential and out of home foster care
CBCA Qld Branch
Level 2 , QWC
State Library of Queensland
South Brisbane, Qld 4101
Secretary - firstname.lastname@example.org